We are convinced that the interaction of emotional and rational factors leads to sustainable success in consulting insurance companies.
Creating value. Innovating together.
We love to develop and implement strategies for the insurance industry. We combine a clear analytical basis with a people-centred consulting approach. We focus on strategy development and implementation as well as on innovation with a concrete business impact. A sustainable anchoring of the transformation in the organization is an integral part of our approach.
Creating value – together as partners
Our core competencies in consulting:
- We have very solid experience in the insurance industry.
- We have extensive leadership experience in board and executive management positions.
- We develop solutions based on analyses to anchor them in the organization in a sustainable manner.
- We have many years of experience in developing innovative and digital business models.
- We accompany cultural and agile transformations. For this, we implement a transformation approach fully aligned with the respective situation.
- We are trained coaches and put ourselves into the corporate culture and personality of our clients.
- We work internationally and thus benefit from the relevant insights of other markets.
Together – we shape your transformation
Strategy development is complex and represents a dynamic process with many stakeholders. It is important to find a balance between stringent control and allowing sufficient space for exchange. Our strategy process has the following phases:
1. SWOT analysis,
2. strategic vision (Why?),
3. strategic action program (What?), and
4. transformation program aligned with the strategy (How?).
Derived from the strategy, we develop new digital business models together with our customers by applying modern innovation processes. We work closely with InsurTechs and digital agencies to create an initial minimum viable product (MVP) and subsequent iterations, which we can then test on the market and iteratively improve.
We support you in developing and implementing sales approaches for broker and tied agent organizations, for bancassurance and direct sales, as well as for comprehensive omni-channel approaches.
We optimize your sales and marketing concepts and support you in controlling its implementation through dashboards.
Develop a distinct market positioning based on value driver models for sales partners and end customers. We develop new product solutions, e.g. disability products, or act as idea contributor. We carry out price positioning based on competitive analysis and behavioural economics approaches, especially in life and health insurance.
We document and optimise core processes and undertake maturity assessments and reviews of future positioning, optimize process organizations or introduce agile processes aligned with the corporate organizational structures.
We develop and optimise the core controlling and risk processes, e.g. value-based management approaches, development of ALM strategies, asset management performance monitoring.
Preparation of M&A processes, preparation of investor pitch decks, organization of data rooms, support of negotiations, communication as well as support of post-merger integration.
Based on the specific starting situation of our clients, we develop a holistic transformation program addressing all levers. This includes the corporate and leadership culture as well as the implementation of agile scaling approaches in processes and structural set-up.
Analysis and management of large projects in the area of mergers, IT or operations. We are also happy take over large projects that are currently in a certain critical phase. Together with our clients we develop measures to stabilize the project - we also take over the project management.
The creative minds behind Valytics
The clients of our managing partners
Selected case studies
Development of a broker strategy with strong and mutual support throughout the company
- Analysis of the initial situation and development of strategic options
- Development of an action plan together with many different organizational units
- Design and management of a project for implementing the agreed actions.
Run-off perspectives for a foreign insurer
- Market analysis and development of various options for market entry
- Management of concrete M&A transactions
- Deepening the options for action with relevant players in the market
Repositioning of a company in the fund business
- Joint evaluation of the as-is situation (SWOT)
- Development of a joint strategic vision and action plan
- Support of the new management team in the implementation: team dynamics, leadership challenges, communication as well as change initiatives
Development of an inforce management approach for a life insurer
- Outside in analysis: which approaches exist in the market
- Design of a vision and implementation roadmap for inforce Management, taking into account the company's context factors
- Transfer to a line organization
Our strategic co-operation partners
Together with our cooperation partners, we are expanding our consulting expertise along the entire value chain and can also easily scale up according to our clients’ needs.
Current topics in insurance
Valytics is actively involved in the public dialog on the future development of the insurance business model. We have summarized our views on central themes in short articles.
Guest article by Patrick Dahmen in Versicherungswirtschaft 9/2023
There is a variety of asset classes available today, however, the focus of insurance companies and their clients is on listed assets.
Article by Patrick Dahmen – Cultural and agile transformation in life insurance
The life insurance industry faces many challenges such as the significant increase in volatility …
Guest article with Patrick Dahmen in AssCompact 8/2023
Insurers' responses to the digital challenges in personal insurance.
Patrick Dahmen in an interview with the Pfefferminzia Podcast
Our Managing Partner Patrick Dahmen talks about Valytics, a consultancy specialising in the insurance industry.
Interview with Patrick Dahmen in Cash-Online
It's all about the consistent networking of all sales channels.
Research project conducted in collaboration with renowned business school INSEAD and Heidrick & Struggles , the world leading HR-consultancy ...
The life insurance industry is facing a variety of challenges. Intuitively, many think of the capital market challenges ...
Open Insurance offers insurers and InsurTechs significant opportunities for the future development of their own business model ...
Joachim Schuett about the current market trends of income protection at the Versicherungsforen Leipzig conference.
We are hiring
Our success is rooted in our strong focus on implementation aligned with the needs of our customers – all this on the basis of high technical and methodological competence. We also understand this claim as an obligation!